Pages

Friday, April 14, 2006

NEURAL THICKNESS / ESPESOR NEURONAL

The more the shooting of "PROXIMA" is bringing near, the more I feel my neural transmitters are thickening. I dream about the movie and I don't remember anything when I wake up. Two days ago I felt I was a swindler determined to persuade a people group to board with me into this foolishness. Today I am in love with this foolishness and at last I need to carry out it. It is an indisputable thrust. I have tightened the string now and I know how the film will "sound". I like how it sounds. It's the cinema illness. From a point you can not stop. You break a certain limit and the creature has its own life, in and out of your mind at the same time. It is a symbiotic possession. I possess the movie and the movie possess me. This is the best moment in the creation of a film, the most similar to sex: it's impossible to know who possess who, what possess what. The reason has little leeway here. That's why I am saying must seem a string of stupid remarks.
*********
A medida que se acerca el rodaje de "PROXIMA" noto cómo mis neurotransmisores se van espesando. Sueño con la película y al despertar no recuerdo nada. Hace dos días me sentía un embaucador empeñado en convencer a un grupo de gente de que se embarcase conmigo en esta insensatez. Hoy me he enamorado de esta insensatez y por fin siento la necesidad de llevarla a cabo. Es un impulso innegociable. Ya he tensado la cuerda y sé cómo "sonará" esta película. Me gusta como suena. Es la enfermedad del cine. A partir de cierto punto ya no puedes parar. Traspasas un límite y la criatura tiene vida propia, dentro y fuera de tu mente al mismo tiempo. Es una posesión simbiótica. Poseo la película y la película me posee a mí. Éste es el mejor momento de la creación de una película, el más parecido al sexo: es imposible saber quién posee a quién, qué a qué. La razón tiene aquí poco margen de actuación. Por eso lo que digo debe parecer una sarta de estupideces.

No comments: